2013 Aus-CanPCRA Symposium
August 14 – 17, 2013
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Australian-Canadian Prostate Cancer Research Alliance members are invited to register for the 2013 Aus-Can PCRA Symposium to be held at the Sheraton Mirage Resort in Port Douglas, Queensland from Wednesday 14th to Saturday 17th August 2013 (following the Prostate Cancer World Congress being held in Melbourne from 6th to 10th August 2013).
Please note that spaces are limited.
Prostate Cancer Canada (PCC) is pleased to offer travel awards to attend the 2013 Australian-Canadian Prostate Cancer Research Alliance (Aus-CanPCRA) Symposium.
PCC will provide a $1,000 contribution to travel costs to 15 researchers attending the meeting. This award is intended to support researchers at all stages of their career including but not limited to Principal Investigators, postdoctoral fellows, students and technical staff. This symposium has proven to be a good venue to develop and establish collaborations among researchers and this forms the rationale behind this current opportunity provided by PCC.
Applications will be subject to a peer review process to identify the most meritorious applicants. Applications will be reviewed and awards made based on the following criteria:
- Significance and relevance of prostate cancer research being presented
- Proposed plan to develop new collaborations and expand networking
Applicants for the PCC Aus-CanPCRA Travel Award must meet the following expectations:
- Join the Aus-CanPCRA online if not already a member. Membership is free and can be done by visiting the Aus-CanPCRA website at: http://www.aus-canprostatealliance.org/about-us/become-a-member
- Submit an abstract and be prepared to present their science/expertise/resources through a talk, abstract and/or poster at the symposium.
- State their collaborative goals for attending the symposium. Preference will be given to applicants who can outline their plan for contributing to the development of new collaborative connections and for networking with other delegates.
- Attend the entire symposium.
- Provide a report to the PCC after the symposium on the collaborative relationships established.
Application Deadline: Friday, May 24, 2013 at 5:00 PM EDT
Results Announced: Wednesday, June 5, 2013
About the Symposium
The Symposium will commence with a Welcome dinner on Wednesday evening 14 August and conclude early afternoon on Saturday 17 August.
The 2013 Symposium program will again be structured to provide ample opportunity to discuss collaborations and new innovative research. This year the Symposium will be extended to include international collaborators involved in Movember's Global Action Plan biomarker initiative as we expand our spirit of global collaboration in prostate cancer research.
Formal and informal networking opportunities will give delegates a chance to more fully develop collaborative work, a cornerstone of the Aus-Can PCRA’s mission.
There is no registration fee for the Symposium, however delegates will be responsible for their travel costs to the venue. Three nights of accommodation at the Sheraton Mirage Resort and meals during the Symposium will be provided to delegates.